Nomination packages are now available at City Hall, 100 Wellington Square and on-line and must be submitted in person to the City Clerk's Office at City Hall. Forms are to be signed in the witness of a Commissioner of Oaths. If completing the forms in advance of attending City Hall, DO NOT sign the forms.
See below for ADDITIONAL RELATED ELECTION FORMS.
Nomination Day is Friday, September 10, 2010, which is the last day for filing nominations (NO later than 2:00 p.m.)
Withdrawal of nomination papers must occur before 2:00 p.m. on Friday, September 10, 2010. If satisfied that a person is qualified to be nominated and that the nomination complies with the Act, the Clerk shall certify the nomination by signing the nomination paper on Monday, September 13, 2010 by 4:00 p.m.
- If insufficient nominations for an office are received by the deadline described above, additional nominations may be filed between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 15, 2010.
- If satisfied that a person is qualified to be nominated and that the nomination complies with the Act, the Clerk shall certify the nomination by signing the nomination paper.
- All additional nominations filed shall be certified by the Clerk before 4 p.m. on Thursday, September 16, 2010.
- If not satisfied that a person is qualified to be nominated or that the nomination complies with this Act, the Clerk shall reject the nomination.
- The Clerk will then give notice of such rejection to the person who sought to be nominated and to all candidates for the office.
- NOMINATION FEES; $200 for the Office of Mayor and $100 for Councillor or Trustee payable to the Ctiy of Brantford in the form of cash, certified cheque or money order, ONLY.
- Candidates must satisfy themselves, through their own determination or with the assistance of their own legal counsel, of the various legal requirements relating to their candidacy. In addition, candidates must comply with all the requirements relating to election campaign finances.
The Act provides that the Clerk's decision to certify or reject a nomination is final.
The documents below require the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click to download the Acrobat Reader plugin to your browser.
Clicking on any of the documents below will open a new browser window.