The NEW indoor running/walking track is available FREE of charge for recreational walking and light jogging and can be used with clean shoes and strollers with clean wheels! It is located on the second floor of the new arena complex surrounding the main rink (Rink 1). The track is open during arena operating hours. Please visit website, Facebook and/or Twitter for possible closures due to special/ticketed events and holidays.
Track Distance Per Lap:
- Inside Lane: 208m/683ft, Middle Lane: 214m/703ft, Outside Lane: 220m/722ft
- Number of Laps per Mile (Middle Lane) 7.51
- Number of Laps per Kilometre (middle lane) 4.67
Beginning April 1, 2013: (excluding holidays and special/ticketed events)
- Monday - Friday 7:00am-10:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am-6:00pm
*Subject to change with notice
- March 29 closed until 4pm
- April 1 closed until 4pm
- May 20 closed until 4pm
- May 25 closed for special event
- June 1 closed for special event
- June 3-7 closed for special event
- July 1 closed until 4 pm
- August 14 closed for special event
- September 2 closed
Inside and Middle lane-walk or light jog Outside Lane-medium or fast jog
Monday, Wednesday, Friday-Counterclockwise Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday-Clockwise
Walkers, joggers, strollers and runners share the same track. Please be considerate to all users and respect staff and track marshal's instructions.
To ensure safe traffic flow, walk no more than two across (side by side). Please be cautious when passing.
- All individuals must travel in the same direction. Please follow the posted track direction schedule.
- Use caution when entering and exiting the track. Always look before passing or crossing a lane (the person in the lane has the right of way).
- For safety reasons, please do not stop while on the track. If you need to rest, please do so off the track.
- Spectators are strictly forbidden on the track.
- Children age 15 and under must be accompanied on the track by an adult.
- Teams must be accompanied on the track by a Coach or parent rep. at all times.
- Food and drink are not allowed on the track.
- Proper, clean footwear, with rubber soles, are required on the track surface.
- No exercise apparatus (ie. skipping ropes, medicine balls, floor mats, etc.) are permitted on the track surface.
- Do not carry anything that may obstruct another lane
- Personal items may be kept in the lockers. Lockers are for daily use only. No overnight storage.
- The City of Brantford is not responsible for the loss, theft or damage to personal property.
- Track may be closed for ticketed arena events. (Please see posted schedules).
- Please consult a physician before using any of our recreatin facilities/equipment and before beginning a workout program.
- If you require first aid or to report a problem please contact arena staff.
Looking for Volunteer Track Marshals to provide track etiquette and promote safe usage. Please call 519-756-9900 ext. 5223 if you are interested.