Snow Removal Procedures
Snow is removed (loaded and hauled away) only in designated snow removal areas where windrowed snow has accumulated to a point where it interferes with traffic or parking.
Snow is removed from areas downtown, in order to allow access to parking, and to allow for the free movement of traffic (both vehicular and pedestrian); to allow access and egress from parked cars in the Central Business District; and to keep traffic lanes clear for free traffic flow.
The primary snow dump is at the Works Department on Earl Avenue.
Designated Area's for Pick-Up
- The immediate downtown area
- Subways, bridges
- Main streets with no boulevards and outside walks
- Other business areas other than downtown (where needed)
- Bus and collector routes with limited snow storage areas
- Narrow residential streets with limited snow storage areas
- Streets with known water problems.