Subsidy F.A.Q's 



How do I apply for Child Care Subsidy?
Call our office at 519-759-7009 to complete an inquiry, Monday – Friday, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
How will my income be verified for Income testing?
Families need to provide one of the folllowing documents to verify income: Income Tax Notice of Assessment- families will need to file an annual income tax return to be considered for eligibility or Canada Child Tax Benefit Notice- if you are receiving the Universal Child Care Benefit(100/month) for a child under the age of 6, this notice is to be provided
Who can apply for Child Care Subsidy?
To be eligible to apply, families must be working, attending school, or needing to place a child with special or social needs, or for a Parent or Child Referral.
How is Child Care Subsidy eligibility determined?
Families whose adjusted income is $20,000 or less will be fully eligible for subsidy. This means that they will not be required to pay towards the cost of child care. Families whose adjusted income is above $20,000 will pay a percentage of their income towards the cost of child care: Families whose adjusted income is more than $20,000 to a maximum of $40,000 will pay 10% of their income above $20,000 towards the cost of care; Families whose adjusted income is over $40,000 will pay an additional 30% of the income over $40,000.
Do I need to contact my Children's Services Representative if there are changes to my situation?
Yes. You must continue to let your Children's Services Representative know if you have changes, as soon as they occur: If you move; If your work or school hours change; If you stop or start school or work or if you start a business; If there are changes to your family, for example if a child leaves or enters the home, if you become married, separated or reconcile, or if you enter a common-law relationship.
If I have lost my Notice of Assessment or Child Tax Benefit Notice how do I get a new one?
To obtain a copy of your Federal Notice of Assessment please contact Revenue Canada at 1-800-959-8281. To obtain a copy of your Canada Child Tax Benefit Notice please contact Revenue Canada at 1-800-387-1193.
Where is Children’s Services located?
220 Clarence Street Brantford, ON N3T 3T5
I have extra expenses because my child has a disability. Will these expenses be considered?
Disability related expenses for you, your spouse or your child may be considered when calculating financial eligibility. These must be expenses that have not already been claimed on an income tax return or reimbursed by an insurance or government program. Receipts must be provided to verify the expense
At what point is a family ineligible for Child Care Subsidy?
A family is financially ineligible when their available income is more than the cost of child care.