Prominence Point Nomination Process
The nomination and selection process is adjudicated by a committee of citizen volunteers, the Prominence Point Subcommittee, with the support of City of Brantford staff. Nominations are due at the end of each calendar year.
Individuals who want to nominate someone to be honoured under the Prominence Point program must complete a nomination form and submit it to the committee. Nominators need to provide a photograph of the individual and the following information:
- In what way has the nominee brought local, regional, provincial or national recognition to the City of Brantford?
- Please describe nominee’s biographical information and his or her connection to the City and its historic or contemporary development (i.e. the nominee was born here, lived here during a formative time in their career, etc.).
- Why is it important to recognize the nominee as part of Prominence Point? What is exceptional about this individual’s contribution to the City of Brantford?
Nominators are encouraged to provide supporting materials such as:
- copies of newspaper clippings
- information about other awards received by the nominee
- web links
- or other pertinent information
Click to open the Prominence Point nomination form (fillable PDF opens in a new browser window). This document is in Adobe PDF format and will require the Adobe PDF Reader Plugin. Contact Policy Planning at 519-759-4150 or
by email to request these materials in an accessible format.
Criteria for Selection
- The honorees must either have been born or lived in the City of Brantford at some point in his or her life, and/or must consider the City of Brantford and surrounding area as an important or formative element of his or her life experience.
Nominees, whether living or deceased, must have made an outstanding contribution to the community r have achieved significant local, regional, national or international recognition in their chosen field. Fields of achievement include athletics, arts and entertainment, academics, humanitarian efforts, medicine, science and technology, environmentalism, or business and industry.
The documents below require the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click to download the Acrobat Reader plugin to your browser.
Clicking on any of the documents below will open a new browser window.