Human Resources Master Plan
In its 2010-2014 Community Strategic Plan, the City of Brantford identified one of its four strategic goals to be “Excellence in Governance and Municipal Management” which states an intention to “pursue excellence by being recognized as an employer of choice in the municipal sector”. In addition, the City identified a supporting strategic action to “develop a comprehensive human resources plan that addresses the needs for staff training, development and succession planning.”
The Human Resources (HR) Master Plan identifies and prioritizes actions to ensure continued and efficient delivery of core operational services while focusing on the enhancement of value-added talent programs and human resources advisory services. The Plan was developed through a review process that took place between August and December 2013. The process included a comprehensive assessment of the current state of human resources while highlighting associated gaps, priorities and areas of greatest opportunity. The Plan supports the City of Brantford’s goal to be an attractive employer and a 21st century city.
The Human Resources Master Plan outlines eleven priority areas which will establish a foundation for key initiatives and activities to be executed over the coming five to seven years, beginning in 2014.
- Implement Human Resources Master Plan
- Develop HR Technology Strategy
- Implement Role of HR Business Partner
- Develop HR Communication Plan
- Design Refreshed Onboarding / Orientation Program
- Refresh and Enhance Learning and Development Design & Delivery
- Design and Implement Comprehensive Succession Management tools
- Enhance the City’s Employment Brand
- Evaluate Human Resources Structure and Service Delivery Model
- Refresh Compensation Data for City Roles
- Provide Leadership Advisory Services to Support Talent Planning
Click to view the Human Resources Master Plan (opens in a new browser window). This document is in Adobe PDF format and will require the Adobe PDF Reader Plugin. For an accessible version or for more information about the Human Resources Master Plan, please contact Anita Szaloky, CHRP, Director - Human Resources, City of Brantford by email or telephone at 519-759-4150.
The documents below require the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click to download the Acrobat Reader plugin to your browser.
Clicking on any of the documents below will open a new browser window.