Current Citizen Member Vacancies
Applications are now being accepted for membership on following:
Downtown Performance Grant Programme Advisory Committee
(1 citizen member for a term to expire November 30, 2018)
Mandate: To review all of the application materials and then utilize the rating criteria to propose the applicant’s level of participation in any grant program. The Committee shall ultimately make a recommendation with respect to the proposed grant to the Committee of the Whole – Community Development.
Committee Members will assist City staff by:
- Participating in the meetings and offering constructive advice and guidance with respect to downtown grant applications for intensification projects, building renovations and façade improvements;
- Reviewing information, including deciphering architectural drawings as submitted with the grant application;
- Conducting visits of the subject properties.
Suggested Skill Sets for Committee Members include:
- Strong business knowledge;
- Holds a degree or diploma in Business Administration, Finance, Architecture or equivalent;
- Understanding of the Places to Grow Act, the City’s Official Plan, and Economic Development Strategy;
- A resident of the City of Brantford.
Councillor Carpenter (Ward 4)
Two members appointed from the business community
A nominee of the Brantford Heritage Committee
A nominee of the Downtown Brantford Business Improvement Area Board of Management
Appropriate municipal staff will attend meetings in a non-voting capacity
Every other month, the fourth Monday of the Month or at the call of the Chair
Term of Office: For a term to expire November 30, 2018
Application Forms and Deadlines
Application forms are available in the City Clerk’s Department, Brantford City Hall during regular business hours and on the City’s website at www.brantford.ca (under the Your Government Tab, click on Council & Committees and then Citizen Committees.).
Completed applications must be returned no later than 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 to:
Lori Wolfe, City Clerk
City of Brantford
100 Wellington Square
P.O. Box 818
Brantford, ON N3T 5R7
(519) 759-7840 (fax) email@example.com (e-mail)
City Council wishes to ensure that its Boards, Advisory Committees and Task Forces reflect the diverse nature of Brantford’s population and invites all residents to consider these opportunities.