Ward 4 Councillor
100 Wellington Square
P.O. Box 818
(226) 387-3321 cell
(519) 759-7840 fax
Email Cheryl Antoski (email@example.com)
I live in Ward 4 with my husband, Bill and our 3 children. We have lived and volunteered here for over 17 years and are proud to call Brantford our home.
Simply put, my approach may be much different from others who serve in municipal government. I have never been driven by politics but have always been driven by a strong sense of community. This is why municipal politics is a good fit for me. I don’t represent a political party – I represent the Citizen’s and my community. I have chosen to embrace the political process as a system to help facilitate these types of initiatives and programs. I believe in community and the responsibility that we all have to make it what we want it to be. I believe in grass roots initiatives and the partnership that they should have within the local municipal government structure. I believe that we should all have a voice regarding what we want our City to look like. And I believe there are always new ways of doing things in order to accomplish initiatives efficiently and effectively.
Previous Community Involvement
Police Services Board – Member for 4 years including Chair for 2014 until elected for Ward 4)
Branlyn Neighbourhood Association – various executive and committee positions (15 years)
Equal Ground Garden (4 years) – Founder and Coordinator
Light A Smile – Volunteer (10 years)
Earth Hour – Youth Director (4 years)
Brantford’s Canada Day – Volunteer Chair (2013)
- City Council
- Committee of the Whole – Community Development
- Committee of the Whole – Operations and Administration
- Estimates Committee
- Appointments Committee
- Finance Committee
- Brantford Cultural Advisory Committee
- Environmental Policy Advisory Committee
- Budget Sub-Committee
- First Nations Liaison Committee
- Human Resources Committee
- Nelson Mandela Day Task Force
- Nominating Committee – Brantford Energy Group of Companies Board of Directors
- Parks and Recreation Master Plan Task Force
- Task Force to Investigate A Mid-Size Performance Space
- Task Force to Review Special Events Requests for Funding & Donations
- Tri-Council Working Group
- Brant Food Coalition
Outside Boards/Agencies/Advisory Committees
• Branlyn Neighbourhood Association – Honorary Member
• Community Resource Services – Board of Directors
• To create and facilitate a process that allows for frequent communication directly with interested residents of Ward 4. I want to ensure that I am representing residents’ needs and wants for their neighbourhoods and not what I assume to be their wants and needs.
• To be part of fostering good relations with our neighbours – Brant County and Six Nations.
• Finding new efficiencies and elimination of redundancies and stretch each tax dollar to provide the best services possible.