Ward 3 Councillor
100 Wellington Square
P.O. Box 818
519 761-2439 cell
519 759-7840 fax
Email Dan McCreary
Dan was born in Brantford and grew up in our East Ward and Eagle Place neighbourhoods. He earned his secondary school honour graduation diploma at Pauline Johnson Collegiate and graduated in 1979 from The University of Toronto with a Bachelor of Landscape Architecture degree.
After graduation, Dan spent ten years as a manager and general manager in the contracting industry in Calgary AB. Dan returned home in 1990, electing to raise his family in Brantford.
Since then, Dan has been a principal in a contract cleaning company – Ruggz Building Cleaning. Dan also was a newspaper columnist – writing the weekly City Beat political column for the Brantford Expositor for five years prior to his election as ward three councillor.
Dan was first elected to Council in 2003 and re-elected in 2006.
Dan is an avid cyclist and rides Brantford and Brant County Trails nearly every day.
Previous Community Involvement
Before being elected to council in 2003, Dan was already active in community service.
He had served on a number of municipal committees:
- City of Brantford Property Standards Committee
- City of Brantford Heritage Committee
- City of Brantford Parks & Recreation Naturalization Ad-Hoc Committee
Dan also participated in the Brantford Environmental Education project.
Dan was named by the Province of Ontario to the Board of Directors of The Brant Community Care Access Centre and served two terms of appointment, helping to direct the operations of home care service and long term care placement in Brant.
While on Council, Dan has served in the following capacities
- Brant County Health Unit (Chair & Vice-Chair)
- Social Services Committee (Chair & Vice Chair)
- Community Advisory Committee for Disability Issues
- Transit Liason Committee
- Brantford Police Services Board
- Economic Development Advisory Committee
- Parks, Recreation & Waterfront Advisory Committee
- Multi-Use Trail & Bikeway Advisory Committee
• City Council
• Committee of the Whole – Community Services
• Committee of the Whole – Operations and Administration
• Appointments Committee
• Estimates Committee
• Social Services Committee
• Brantford Accessibility Advisory Committee
• Brantford Heritage Committee
• Multi-Use Trail and Bikeway Advisory Committee
• Council Procedures By-law Review Task Force
• Purchasing Policy Review Study Group
• Waterfront Master Plan Task Force
• City/County Strategic Growth Negotiations
• Nominating Committee – Brantford Energy and its subsidiaries
• Nominating Committee – Committee of Adjustment and Property Standards Committee
• Brantford-Brant Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
Outside Boards/Agencies/Advisory Committees
Dan is the Chair of the Board of Directors of Rosewood House.
“I work for you.”
“My ward-mate (Councillor Debi Dignan-Rumble) and I work together as a team to do our best to look after the concerns, requests and problems of our Ward Three constituents.”
“I was elected in 2003 because I promised to fight tax increases. I have done my best to continue to fight to keep property taxes as low as possible, while continuing to provide services to city residents.”