Ward 3 Councillor
100 Wellington Square
P.O. Box 818
(519) 761-2439 cell
(519) 759-7840 fax
Email Dan McCreary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dan was born in Brantford. He is a graduate of Pauline Johnson Collegiate and the University of Toronto.
After graduation, Dan spent ten years as a manager and general manager in the contracting industry in Calgary AB. Dan returned home in 1990, electing to raise his family in Brantford.
Since then, Dan has been a principal in a contract cleaning company – Ruggz Building Cleaning. Dan also was a newspaper columnist – writing the weekly City Beat political column for the Brantford Expositor for five years prior to his election as ward three councillor.
Dan was first elected to Council in 2003 and re-elected in 2006, 2010 & 2014.
Previous Community Involvement
Before being elected to council in 2003, Dan was already active in community service.
He had served on a number of municipal committees:
- City of Brantford Property Standards Committee
- City of Brantford Heritage Committee
- City of Brantford Parks & Recreation Naturalization Ad-Hoc Committee
Dan was named by the Province of Ontario to the Board of Directors of The Brant Community Care Access Centre and served two terms of appointment, helping to direct the operations of home care service and long term care placement in Brant.
While on Council, Dan has served in the following capacities:
- Brant County Health Unit (Chair & Vice-Chair)
- Social Services Committee (Chair & Vice Chair)
- Community Advisory Committee for Disability Issues
- Transit Liason Committee
- Brantford Police Services Board
- Economic Development Advisory Committee
- Parks, Recreation & Waterfront Advisory Committee
- Multi-Use Trail & Bikeway Advisory Committee
- City Council
- Committee of the Whole – Community Development
- Committee of the Whole – Operations and Administration
- Estimates Committee
- Appointments Committee
- Social Services Committee
- Cultural and Built Heritage Grant Programme Advisory Committee
- Code of Conduct Review Task Force
- City/County Strategic Growth Negotiations Task Force
- Human Resources Committee
- Impact of Infill Program on Neighbourhoods Task Force
- Major Service Contracts Review Study Group
- Major Sports Team Relations Study Group
- Nominating Committee - Committee of Adjustment and Property Standards Committee
- Parks and Recreation Master Plan Task Force
- Task Force to Investigate A Mid-Size Performance Space
- City/County Liaison Committee
- Trespass Order Appeal Committee
- Brantford-Brant Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
Outside Boards/Agencies/Advisory Committees
Dan served for many years as the Chair of the Board of Directors of Rosewood House.
“I work for you.”
“Greg and I work together as a team to do our best to look after the concerns, requests and problems of our Ward Three constituents.”
“I was elected in 2003 because I promised to fight tax increases. I have done my best to continue to fight to keep property taxes as low as possible, while continuing to provide services to city residents.”