Ward 1 Councillor
100 Wellington Square
P.O. Box 818
(226) 388-0002 cell
(519) 759-7840 fax
Email Larry Kings (firstname.lastname@example.org)
I reside in Ward One with my wife Trish.We were both born and raised in Brantford and I attended St. Mary's School, Holy Cross School, St. John's College, and Mohawk College.
I am proud to say that both my daughters have chosen to live and raise their children in Brantford.Both Trish and I have a wonderful relationship with our children and their spouses and we both enjoy our grandchildren very much!
I have always been passionate about politics dating back to my high school days as President of the Student council at St. John's College followed by one term on council in 1982.I went on to serve as a trustee with the Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board for 11 years.I was elected to council for Ward One from 2000-2006 and re- elected from 2010-2014 and re- elected in the newly defined ward one for the 2014-2018 term.
I am an avid sports fan, I also enjoy golf and my daily fitness program.
Previous Community Involvement
Actions or Goals for Ward One
1. Supporting the constituents of Ward One in their quest for a sustainable quality of life.
2. Working with our Neighbourhood Associations and residents, listening to their needs and move forward to achieve results.
3. Implementing the completion of the BSAR from Veterans Memorial Parkway to the Wayne Gretzky Parkway.
4. Begining the construction of the North of Shellard Sports Complex.
5. Introducing a communication and consultation strategy to ensure the variety of needs are met within the Ward.
- City Council
- Committee of the Whole – Community Development
- Committee of the Whole – Operations and Administration
- Estimates Committee
- Appointments Committee
- Social Services Committee
- Brant County Board of Health
- Brant, Brantford and Six Nations Impaired and Distracted Driving Advisory Committee
- Brantford Accessibility Advisory Committee
- Tourism Advisory Committee
- Code of Conduct Review Task Force
- Downtown Parking Task Force
- Economic Development Strategy Project Steering Committee
- Fire Station #2 Site Selection Committee
- Human Resources Committee
- Impact of Infill Program on Neighbourhoods Task Force
- Joint Use Agreement between the City of Brantford, the GEDSB and BHNDSB Roundtable Consultation Task Force
- Major Sports Team Relations Study Group
- Nominating Committee – Committee of Adjustment and Property Standards Committee
- Shellard Lane Task Force
- Study Group to Make Brantford the Most Walkable Downtown in Canada
- City/County Liaison Committee
- Community Services Committee (Ambulance)
- Brantford Public Library Board
Over the last few months, I took time to speak to several constituents throughout this vast ward, asking the tough questions that concern our individual citizens. My goals are based on the results gained from hours and hours of discussion with you.
City County and Six Nations boundary negotiations: I believe this the single most important issue for the City and this council.We must find a way to get an agreement for all parties involved.
Taxes : We need to continue to work to find ways to work smarter and to continue to grow our tax base in order to continue to offer the 129 services we offer.I will always try to be vigilant about how we spend our tax dollars in the most effective way.
Education : We need to continue to support and encourage growth of all of post secondary programs and facilities which will spur more growth and investment in our community.
Jobs: I believe that governments do not create jobs but do have the ability to create work that can produce good head of household jobs for our community.