The lands subject to this secondary planning exercise were located in the “Southwest Sector” of the City of Brantford. The lands were divided into three sub-areas: Study Areas A, B and C. Study Area “A” was bounded on the east by Conklin Road, on the north by Shellard Lane and on the west and south by the municipal boundary. Study Area “B” was bounded by the western boundary of subdivision application 29T-04503 [tributary E of D’Aubigny Creek] to the east, by the former T.H. & B rail line to the north and west and by Shellard Lane to the south. Study Area “C” was bounded on the east by the former T.H. & B rail line (and Study Area “B”) and bounded to the south and west by the City of Brantford – County of Brant Boundary Line.
The boundaries of Study Areas A and B and their relation to the Southwest sector of Brantford is illustrated in Appendix “A”. The subject lands comprise approximately 416 hectares (1042 acres) of land.