The City of Brantford’s newsroom is maintained by the Communications Division. If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at 519-751-9900, ext. 214, or click to reach us by email.
Click to view a calendar of all City of Brantford meetings - council, committee, board, task force, ward and public - on myBrantford.ca (opens in a new browser window).
- Outdoor Pool, Hot Tub and Spa Requirements
- If you have an outdoor pool on your property, or plan to install one, there are regulations to follow to make sure everyone is safe.
- Public Notice - Sale of Municipal Land
- On Tuesday, May 21, 2013, Brantford City Council will consider a by-law to authorize the sale of a parcel of land behind the Fire Station #3 at 7 Lynden Road.
- 2013/14 Discovery Guide Launched
- The City of Brantford Economic Development & Tourism Department, in partnership with the County of Brant, Six Nations and New Credit, is excited to announce the arrival of the the 12th annual 2013/14 Discovery Guide.
- Ontario Works Recipients Affected by System Issue
- A system issue with Ontario Works will affect recipients in Brantford-Brant.
- 2013 Environmental Recognition Awards Presented
- The City of Brantford Environmental Recognition Awards are presented to Rueben DeBoer and Doris Myke.
- Survey: Municipal Cultural Plan Update
- The City of Brantford's Cultural Review Board is reviewing the Municipal Cultural Plan and is inviting people to provide feedback through an online survey.
- Mayor and Council Gain Appreciation for Frontline City Staff
- The Mayor and Councillors spent time with frontline staff and gained a better appreciation of the work they do to keep Brantford running smoothly.
- Hearings: Ontario Municipal Review Board Regarding the Waterfront Master Plan
- The Ontario Municipal Review Board is holding hearings about the Waterfront Master Plan at Brantford City Hall. Stage 1 of the hearings begin October 15, 2012 and continue until November 30, 2012. Please check here for regular updates.
- Asbestos Management Program
- The City of Brantford will be re-inspecting/inspecting all City owned or operated buildings as part of its Asbestos Management Program. City tenants, employees and contractors can find out how the inspections or re-inspections might impact them.
- Deadline Extended: Summer Company Program for Youth
- Summer Company is a program for youth who want to start their own summer business.
- Council Resolution - Ontario Power Authority's FIT Program
- Council has passed a blanket support resolution for roof-top solar panels. Applicants to Ontario Power Authority's FIT Program may find it helpful to include this resolution in their application package.