The City of Brantford’s newsroom is maintained by the Communications Division. If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at 519-751-9900, ext. 214, or click to reach us by email.
Click to view a calendar of all City of Brantford meetings - council, committee, board, task force, ward and public - on myBrantford.ca (opens in a new browser window).
- National Access Awareness Week
- Brantford City Council has proclaimed May 26 to June 1, 2013 at National Access Awareness Week.
- Workshop: Not-for-Profit Fundraising and Collaboration
- Not-for-profit organizations are invited to learn more about fundraising and collaboration at an informative workshop taking place on June 5, 2013 at the T.B. Costain Community Centre in Brantford from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Outdoor Pool, Hot Tub and Spa Requirements
- If you have an outdoor pool on your property, or plan to install one, there are regulations to follow to make sure everyone is safe.
- 2013/14 Discovery Guide Launched
- The City of Brantford Economic Development & Tourism Department, in partnership with the County of Brant, Six Nations and New Credit, is excited to announce the arrival of the the 12th annual 2013/14 Discovery Guide.
- Municipal Cultural Plan Update
- The City of Brantford's Cultural Review Board is reviewing the Municipal Cultural Plan and the feedback from the recent online survey about arts and culture in Brantford.
- Hearings: Ontario Municipal Review Board Regarding the Waterfront Master Plan
- The Ontario Municipal Review Board is holding hearings about the Waterfront Master Plan at Brantford City Hall. Stage 1 of the hearings begin October 15, 2012 and continue until November 30, 2012. Please check here for regular updates.
- Asbestos Management Program
- The City of Brantford will be re-inspecting/inspecting all City owned or operated buildings as part of its Asbestos Management Program. City tenants, employees and contractors can find out how the inspections or re-inspections might impact them.
- Deadline Extended: Summer Company Program for Youth
- Summer Company is a program for youth who want to start their own summer business.
- Council Resolution - Ontario Power Authority's FIT Program
- Council has passed a blanket support resolution for roof-top solar panels. Applicants to Ontario Power Authority's FIT Program may find it helpful to include this resolution in their application package.