Ideally, volunteers find the donation of their time and energy a meaningful experience for themselves as well as for the organization. A true win-win situation.
Volunteering is a rewarding, beneficial experience for people of all ages. There are many ways to give back to your community, from highly-skilled positions like being on the Board of Directors at a local organization to more foundational volunteering such as providing administrative assistance, mentoring or companion services, there is lots to choose from. Volunteer for a short time or start building a Living Legacy with your family. Whatever your interest, you can find a volunteer opportunity to fit.
Who can Volunteer?
Volunteering is for EVERYONE. Volunteers from all walks of life, all cultural groups and all economic backgrounds and all ages make a difference. There are volunteer opportunities that are right for you!
- to help others and make a difference to the community
- to use personal skills in a new setting
- to find new friends and develop new relationships
- to develop a sense of accomplishment and self-worth
- to learn new skills and get experience
- to meet requirements of a course or program
- to challenge themselves
- to work for a cause that affects them personally
- to gain recognition for their abilities
- to help improve the quality of community life
- to develop patience and compassion
- to increase knowledge of current issues faced in their community
What can I do as a Volunteer?
There are many different volunteer positions available in the community. A volunteer may assist an agency’s clients directly or help with administrative or organizational duties.
How much time do I need to Volunteer?
When considering a volunteer position, consider how much time you have to contribute and the frequency you are available. Some volunteer positions offer regular weekly or monthly hours while others are casual or event/project based. Many volunteer agencies are very flexible and will match the availability of volunteers to the needs of the organization.
Where do I volunteer?
All of the volunteer opportunities listed on this website come from registered non-profit and charity organizations in the City of Brantford, County of Brant or the Six Nations of the Grand River.
Types of Volunteer Positions
There are many types of positions you can volunteer for in the community such as:
- Animal Care
- Artistic Work/Crafting
- Care Giving/Health Care Support
- Emergency Response
- Events and Facility-General Assistance
- Event Planning
- Goods Collection/Distribution
- Info-line/information and Referral
- Landscaping/Gardening/Yard work
- Leadership Roles
- Retail Sales
- Security/Public Safety
- Telephone Support
- Tour Guide
- Trades Positions/General Handiwork
Please download the following document for a SAMPLE outline for the various types of volunteer positions that are often required.
Get Started Today! Review the Volunteer Opportunities currently available.