Too often, young people are seen as the recipients of service. Instead, they should see themselves—and be seen—as leaders and assets, who can make powerful contributions to their communities.
How Can Volunteering Help You?
- Take responsibility and participate in your community
- Increase social awareness
- Meet new people
- Learn through service
- Gain self confidence and independence
- Discover and practice new strengths and talents
- Develop skills – gain work experience
- Learn customs/language
- Explore career options – develop job network
- Employers often consider volunteer experience to be the same as work experience
- Have fun!
Do you have to spend a certain amount of time volunteering or doing community service before you can graduate? If so, you are not alone. Students all over the province are working to complete their hours of community service requirement before the end of their grade twelve year, or to meet the requirements of the College or University they are attending. There are many volunteer opportunities for students.
Make the connection today and make a difference!