Jobs & Human Resources
Applying for Employment with THE CITY OF BRANTFORD
The Corporation of the City of Brantford will only accept employment applications for identified job vacancies. We will not accept general applications to be held on file for potential future vacancies. Unsolicited applications for employment received by the Human Resources department will not be kept on file. When job vacancies occur which are open to the public the positions will be posted on our web-site and on the bulletin board in the Human Resources department as well as most City facilities/locations.
NOTE: We thank all applicants for taking the time to submit a resume, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of each individual competition only, in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
We support students in our community to gain insightful opportunities within a Municipal Government environment.
High School Co-op Placements
In cooperation with our local secondary schools, we provide various placements across City Departments. If you are interested in obtaining a high school co-op placement position with the City of Brantford please contact your co-op teacher through your school.
Some of the City Departments that have previously provided students with co-op experience are:
- Parks & Recreation
- Brantford Power Inc.
- Sanderson Centre
- Brant County Health Unit
- Planning Department
- Brantford Police Service
- Fire Department
- Beryl Angus Day care
At this point we are trying to provide more opportunities to offer to high school aged students.
There are many departments not listed here that may be of interest. Again, if interested please contact your high school co-op teacher.
College & University Co-op Placements
Any placements available will be posted on our website under “Current Positions Available”
For any specific questions relating to co-op please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Brantford has collective agreements with many unions detailing a variety of terms and conditions of employment. Further detail referring to union positions, compensation, benefits, etc. can be obtained by reviewing the City's collective agreements.
Here is a list of the city's bargaining units:
- ATU (Amalgamated Transit Union Local 685) - e.g. Bus Drivers, Mechanics
- APAE (Association of Professional and Administrative Employees) (exempt) - e.g. Engineers, Managers, Executive Assistants
- BPFFA (Brantford Professional Fire Fighters Association) e.g. Fire Suppression and Prevention
- IATSE (International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees) e.g. Stage Hands, Operators
CUPE (Canadian Union of Public Employees-Local 181)
- CUPE (City Hall Unit) e.g. Administrative/Clerical, Inspectors, Financial Analysts
- CUPE (Ontario Works Brant and Housing) e.g. Case Managers-Income Support & Employment, Property Managers
- CUPE (Parks, Cemeteries & Recreation) e.g. Rink Operators, Gardeners, Equipment Operators
- CUPE (Public Works) e.g. Snow Plow Drivers, Sewer Maintenance Workers, Sweeper Operators
IBEW (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers-Local 636)
- IBEW (Water) e.g. Water Treatment Operator, Water Distribution Operators
- IBEW (Power) e.g. Linepersons, Meter Technicians
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Current Positions Available