Brantford Accessibility Advisory Committee
Mission Statement: 'The Brantford Accessibility Advisory Committee shall provide direction and vision towards the attainment of a universally accessible Brantford.'
The Brantford Accessibility Advisory Committee (BAAC) formerly known as The Community Advisory Committee for Disability Issues was established in 2004. BAAC serves as an advisory committee to Brantford City Council on all accessibility issues. The committee is comprised of representatives from many organizations that focus on assisting persons with specific types of disabilities as well as citizens who know first hand the challenges of negotiating facilities and services within the City of Brantford.
BAAC meets on the first Thursday of the month, excluding July and August, to carry out their duties as listed below.
- The Committee shall meet with City staff to review, comment on and suggest amendments to the Municipality’s annual proposed Accessibility Plan.
- Following Council’s approval of the Plan, the Committee will meet, as required, to review the progress of implementation of the Plan.
- The Committee shall meet in the fall of each year to review the effectiveness of the plan, and to assist/advise municipal staff on the preparation and presentation of an annual report to Council.
- The Committee will conduct public consultation meetings to review the Municipal Accessibility Plan, as required.
- The Committee shall create ‘working groups’ that will involve the public-at-large in specific projects. These ‘working groups’ shall be dissolved once the project is complete and a final report submitted to the Committee.
- The Committee shall recommend to Council projects for consideration. Any recommended expenditures must be approved through the Capital and Operating budget process.
Thank you to our many community partners, for assisting with projects and events over the years.
A special thank you to the Brantford Camera Club and to Operation Lift for their assistance with the 2011 "Welcome To My World" event.
Schedules, Agendas and Minutes will be posted as they become available.
If you have any questions regarding the Brantford Accessibility Advisory Committee, please contact the Coordinator of the Municipal Accessibility Plan:
Phone: 519-759-4150 ext. 2266 E-Mail: email@example.com Fax: 519-759-0561
100 Wellington Square, P.O. Box 818, Brantford, Ontario N3T 5R7
The documents below require the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click to download the Acrobat Reader plugin to your browser.
Clicking on any of the documents below will open a new browser window.
Agenda & Minutes