Brantford Accessibility Advisory Committee
The Brantford Accessibility Advisory Committee shall provide direction and vision towards the attainment of a universally accessible Brantford.
About the Committee
The Brantford Accessibility Advisory Committee, formerly known as The Community Advisory Committee for Disability Issues, was established in 2004. The Committee serves as an advisory committee to Brantford City Council on all accessibility issues. The Committee is comprised of representatives from many organizations that focus on assisting persons with specific types of disabilities as well as citizens who know first hand the challenges of negotiating facilities and services within the City of Brantford.
The Committee relies on many community partners for assistance with projects and events.
The Brantford Accessibility Advisory Committee meets on the first Thursday of each month, except July and August, to carry out their duties as listed below.
- The Committee shall meet with City staff to review, comment on and suggest amendments to the Municipality’s annual proposed Accessibility Plan.
- Following Council’s approval of the Plan, the Committee will meet, as required, to review the progress of implementation of the Plan.
- The Committee shall meet in the fall of each year to review the effectiveness of the plan, and to assist/advise municipal staff on the preparation and presentation of an annual report to Council.
- The Committee will conduct public consultation meetings to review the Municipal Accessibility Plan, as required.
- The Committee shall create ‘working groups’ that will involve the public-at-large in specific projects. These ‘working groups’ shall be dissolved once the project is complete and a final report submitted to the Committee.
- The Committee shall recommend to Council projects for consideration. Any recommended expenditures must be approved through the Capital and Operating budget process.
Upcoming Meeting Dates
Committee schedules, agendas and minutes will be posted as they become available.
View Council and Committee Calendar - Brantford Accessibility Advisory Committee Meetings
Committee members will be advised of any change to the meeting dates, times or locations prior to the scheduled meeting.
Agenda and Minutes
Brantford Accessibility Advisory Committee Agenda & Minutes Documents
If you have any questions regarding the Brantford Accessibility Advisory Committee, please contact the Accessibility Plan Coordinator. Additional assistance can be provided as requested.
Phone: 519-759-4150 ext. 2266
Service Request: submit a Service Request for Accessibility located on myBrantford (opens a new window)
100 Wellington Square, P.O. Box 818, Brantford, Ontario N3T 5R7