Cremation or Traditional Burial
The decision to be cremated or have a traditional burial is a personal one and one that influences your options for burial. Another consideration must be given to your preferences regarding in-ground or above-ground burial.
Options for interment of cremated remains:
- interred in an existing family grave (if consent is received)
- interred in an in-ground cremation lot
- inurned in a Columbarium(an above-ground granite structure with individual niches for urns).
Options for traditional (casket) interment:
- interred in an in-ground lot
- interred in a mausoleum crypt
Your decision may also be influenced by the wishes of a spouse or other family members, so it's a good idea to discuss this ahead of time so that all are aware of decisions being made.