Lead Water Service Replacement Grant Program
Grant Program now available for all properties in Brantford!
The City of Brantford has initiated a grant program for the replacement of lead water services. It enables property owners who meet the eligibility requirements to access a grant for the replacement of their lead water services.
The grant is a one-time payment of up to $1,000 per water service. Please fill out the grant application form (see forms below) along with a quote from a contractor and return it to the Environmental Services Department to determine if you are eligible.
The City of Brantford offers a lead testing and inspection program at no charge for all properties in Brantford that have or are suspected to have a lead water service pipe. This is a service available between 8:30 am and 3:00 pm, Monday to Friday (not including holidays). Please call 519-759-4222 ext. 5834 and leave a message with your name, address, telephone number and availability to schedule an appointment. City staff will contact you within one business day
Lead Water Service Replacement Flow Chart Process:
- Contact contractors for free quotes. It is best to solicit at least 2 or 3 contractors in order to obtain the lowest price. Optionally, here is a list of Licensed Sewer Drain Contractors (pdf document opens new window)
- Complete and submit the Private Lead Water Service Replacement Grant Application (pdf document opens new window) and include at least one contractor quote.
- Within 5 to 7 business days, if eligible, you will receive the City’s Grant Approval Letter. Schedule a date with the preferred contractor only once you have received the City’s Grant Approval Letter.
- Complete and submit the Commitment Letter and the Direct Deposit Authorization forms (enclosed with the City’s Grant Approval Letter) within 30 days of receiving the City’s Grant Approval letter.
- Residents or contractors performing excavation work must contact Customer Service (519 756-1360) at least 24 hours in advance of replacing the water service in order to obtain a Water Service Permit (no charge).
- Submit the Declaration of Work Completion form (enclosed with the City's Grant Approval Letter) and a copy of the paid invoice when the water service work has been completed. The grant money will be directly deposited into your bank account usually within 7 to 10 business days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click to visit our FAQ'S section to find out more information on Lead Water Service Replacement Program
How Can We Help You?
Submit a service or information request online.
The documents below require the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click to download the Acrobat Reader plugin to your browser.
Clicking on any of the documents below will open a new browser window.