Brantford Parks and Recreation would like to ensure that all children and youth of our municipality have the opportunity to access recreation and leisure services. To help make this possible, financial assistance is available to qualified applicants for most registered or drop-in programs offered by Brantford Parks & Recreation.
Who Can Apply?
Any Brantford resident who may feel unable to pay the full participation fee
- Assistance is available for eligible children and youth from 0 to 18 years
- Assistance is limited to two activities or programs per participant per session depending on funding availability. However, for our summer camp programs, funding may only be available for two weeks per child.
How Do I Know If I Might Be Eligible For Assistance?
Assistance is based on the income of all members of your family (before deductions), as well as the following:
- the number of people in your family household
- whether other assistance has already been provided for the current registration period
- whether funds are still available for this session
WHat Do I Need To Find Out If I Qualify?
When you request financial assistance, please provide the following information:
- Verification of income from all of your family's sources of income i.e. a recent pay stub(s), cheque stubs from government assistance, insurance benefit stub, income tax returns
- Drug benefit card that identifies the children in your care or child tax benefit form.
How Do I Pay?
- Ontario Works and Ontario Disability clients receive 100% funding with appropriate documentation.
- Registrants who do not qualify for 100% funding must pay their portion of the program fees at the time of registration (see level of assistance chart below).
Payment can be made by Visa or MasterCard, debit card, cash or cheque (payable to Brantford Parks & Recreation)
|Number of People in Family
|$0 - $17,00
||$0 - $19,500
||$0 - $21,700
||$0 - $23,000
||$0 - $25,000
|$17,001 - $23,213
||$19,501 - $28,098
||$21,701 - $31,409
||$23,001 - $34,720
||$25,001 - $38,032
Level Of Assistance to Qualify based on Gross Annual House-hold Income
|$23,214 - $27,200
||$28,099 - $33,100
||$31,410 - $37,400
|$34,721 - $41,700
||$38,033 - $46,900
How Do I Apply?
Please call 519-756-1500 or 519-756-9900 to be informed of the necessary documentation that you will need to bring with you to register.