RecConnect is a fast, convenient way to register online for Brantford Parks and Recreation activities in the comforts of your home. You will be able to view the upcoming program information prior to registering by walking through the step by step RecConnect system.
On the same day the leisure guide is distributed online registration opens for all programs with a barcode, excluding swim lessons.
You are encouraged to use RecConnect - no line ups and no waiting. Don’t forget classes fill up quickly!
For further information please, call Parks & Recreation main office at 519-756-1500 or the Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre at 519-756-9900 for aquatic information and swimming lessons.
RecConnect click to Register Now
Frequently Asked Questions
- I am a new customer. What do I need to do?
- Go to the RecConnect website at https://onlineca.activecommunities.com/brantford/ to reach our registration site.
To set up a new account online at RecConnect, click "Request New Account" link at top right corner beside the "Login" button. You will be redirected to the online form page where you will be required to fill in your contact & address information.
To add more members of your family to your account, click the “Create New Registrant” button and fill in the appropriate registrant information for each member of your family. Choose a "Main Contact" person.
Upon submission of your information, we will activate your account and email your LOGIN ID and ACCOUNT PIN to you. Please allow two business days for your account to be created.
You can phone us during business hours (8:30 am - 4:30 pm, Mon-Fri) at (519) 756-1500 or (519) 756-9900 to obtain a LOGIN ID and ACCOUNT PIN.
- What browser do I need to use the system?
- RecConnect works with Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape browsers running Version 4 or above. We highly recommend a 128-bit encryption based browser.
- Is this site secure?
- The City of Brantford has taken steps to ensure the security of your transactions in this registration system. In addition to internal security features created by the City of Brantford, VeriSign technology is used to provide 128-bit encryption (the highest level available to private industry) to ensure information security. You will see the familiar "padlock" symbol at the bottom of the "My Basket" and "My Account" pages indicating your data is secure. For more information, please visit the VeriSign website https://www.verisign.com/index.html
- What if I don’t have, or don’t want to use a credit card online?
- A credit card is required to register online. One time use prepaid cards (Visa or MasterCard) can be purchased at a local grocery or variety stores that are pre-loaded. This eliminates the need for customers to use personal credit cards. If using a prepaid card be sure to know the cost of your programs in advance to ensure you have adequate funds available on the card. When paying for your programs, select Visa Debit or MasterCard Debit on the drop-down list of payment options. Please be aware that some prepaid credit card companies charge a surcharge for using the card online. It is the customers responsibility to contact the prepaid credit card company to reverse this charge. At this point, we do not accept Visa / Mastercard Debit cards that are linked to a bank account. The term "Debit" refers to prepaid credit cards.
Why is my credit card not working?
- What if I have a credit card that I have never used online and it won’t let me register?
- VISA and MasterCard both have links that will pop up on your screen to ensure that the correct security is available to use your credit card online. Click on the link provided by VISA or MasterCard and follow the instructions to secure your card for online use. Then return to the “My Basket” tab to complete your transaction. Note: For some credit cards, you may have to go to your bank's website or contact them directly.
Registered courses will only be held in your Basket for 10 minutes. To prevent losing your spot, please verify your credit card for online use prior to registration.
Why is my credit card not working?
- I am unable to log in.
- You will be "locked out" of your account after trying to "login" several times unsuccessfully. To reactivate your account, please call 519-756-1500 or 519-756-9900 during operating hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you stopped using RecConnect for a period of ten (10) minutes or longer, please click "Refresh" (Internet Explorer) or "Reload" your browser and log back in. If this does not work, your account may have been frozen. Please contact Brantford Parks and Recreation during business hours.
- I forgot my Login ID and Account PIN. What should I do now?
- If your email is in our database, you can click on the "I forgot my Login ID or Account PIN" link under the "My Account" tab where you log into the system. Only the Main Contact’s "Login ID" and "Account PIN" will be emailed to you as this is all that is required to access your family account. You can then select any family member from the drop-down list and register them under the "My Basket" tab.
If your email address is not recognized, you will receive a message that the address you entered cannot be found in our database. You should then call 519-756-1500 or 519-756-9900 during business hours or email us at email@example.com.
- I would like to update my account information. How do I do this?
- In order to update your account information, click on the "Update Account" link under the "My Account" tab. Remember to click on the "Submit" button after editing family information. For further changes to your account, please call 519-756-1500 or 519-756-9900.
- What email address should my family provide for Internet Registration?
- Only the email address of the Main Contact is required by the system. This enables the account holder to control who has access to the "Account PIN" with the "I forgot my Login ID or ACCOUNT PIN" function.
- How do I search for an activity?
- Simply access the "Activities" button link on the top bar. You will be redirected to the Activities page. There are 3 options found on the left hand side to help you find a program:
1. Use the "Barcode Search" field to fill in a barcode for a specific activity that you are interested in. Barcodes can be found in the Leisure Activities Guide
2. In the "Browse for Courses" section, you will see a Category/Sub-category listing of activities. Click a Category/Sub-category link and activities will display to the right of the Category/Sub-category list. To narrow down your search, click on a sub-category. To see only courses that are available for registration, click the “Available for registration only” button.
3. Use the "Advanced Search" area and in a keyword and/or choose other criteria for dates/days of the week, then hit the "Search" button.
- How do I register for an activity?
- You must be a registered user to REGISTER for activities online. If you are a new user, follow the steps in "1. I am a new customer. What do I need to do?
Registered users click the "Login" button found at the top. Type your "Login ID" and "Account PIN", then click the "Login" button.
Once you have logged in you can search to find the activities you wish to register for, on the Activities page. When your activity information is listed, click "Show Courses" button. A detailed listing of each course will display.
If there is a “Register” button, you can click the REGISTER button to add to your Basket. If there is no "REGISTER" button, this activity is currently not available for internet registration. In some cases, if the course if full, the option to be waitlisted will appear.
For each registration, select the family member you wish to register into the course, under the "Client Selection" drop box.
To register for additional activities, click on "Continue Shopping" and move back and forth between the "My Basket" and "Activities" links at the top of the page.
If you make a mistake in registering for an activity prior to payment, use the "Clear Basket" or "Remove" buttons rather than the "Back" arrow.
When you have finished adding all of your courses, proceed to "Check Out" and pay for your selected courses. When you have entered your credit card information, click on "Complete Transaction." You will be able to print a receipt if your transaction is successful by clicking on the "Printer" icon.
For more information, please see the complete FAQ list or call 519-756-1500 or 519-756-9900 during business hours or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I withdraw or transfer to another activity once I have completed a registration?
- If you need to withdraw or transfer from an activity, please call 519-756-1500 or 519-756-9900 during business hours.
- Can I get a refund or Letter of Credit online?
- Refunds and Letters of Credit are not available online. For more information, contact Parks and Recreation at 519-756-1500 or 519-756-9900.
- What if my program is cancelled after I’ve registered?
- If your class is cancelled by Parks and Recreation, you may transfer, free of charge, to another program, subject to availability, or request a full refund. A Parks and Recreation staff person will contact you if your class is cancelled.
- Are there programs that are not available by Internet Registration?
- RecConnect will be implemented in phases. Brantford Parks and Recreation hopes to have all registered programs available via RecConnect. Please browse the Leisure Activities Guide - all programs available online will have a barcode number.
- How can I tell if an activity is available?
- When searching for an activity, before adding it to your basket, there will either be a "REGISTER" or "WAITLIST" button. If there is no "REGISTER" button, this activity is currently not available for internet registration.
If the activity is full, click on the waitlist button and you will be contacted if a space becomes available.
- How can I verify/see what activities my family members are currently registered in?
- Click on "My Account" and log in. Once you have successfully logged in, the "My Account" page will contain the names of all of your family members. Click on "History" for each family member or "All Clients" to see details of current registrations.
- Can I register a child/person from another family?
- Only immediate family members can be accessed through RecConnect.
- How will I know if a spot becomes available after I have been waitlisted?
- If a spot should become available due to another person cancelling or transferring out of the class, you will receive a call from Parks and Recreation staff. At that time you can decide whether to take or decline the spot. If we leave a message for you on an answering machine or with a person, you must register in person or over the phone within 24 hours.
- How can I find out my position on the Waitlist?
- You can contact a Parks and Recreation facility at 519-756-1500 or 519-756-9900.
- What is the procedure for registering if a participant is the incorrect age?
- RecConnect will not allow you to register if the participant does not meet the required age.
- How do I know what swimming lesson level to register my child in?
- If you do not recall what level your child should be in, please call Parks and Recreation at 519-756-9900 or 519-756-1500. If your child has never been in lessons before staff can recommend a level, however it is best to book a free swim assessment at Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre by calling 519-756-9900.
- If I am approved for subsidy through the “Can We Help?” program can I register online?
- At this time we are unable to process subsidy registrations online. Please contact Parks and Recreation at 519-756-1500 or 519-756-9900 to arrange registration for your programs.
- Why are online customers able to register before I can register in person for Red Cross swim lessons?
- The City of Brantford is working hard to encourage online access to make registration easier for as many of our customers as possible. This avoids line ups during registration time and driving to your recreation facility. If access to a computer is a challenge, consider using a friend or family members, a public computer at any library or the public access computer in the lobby at the Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre.
- Is the personal information I enter on the computer kept private?
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, R.S.O. 1980, c.302 (as amended) and will be used solely for the purpose of Program Registration and promotional material. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Director of Parks and Recreation, 1 Sherwood Drive, Brantford, ON, N3T 1N3, 519-756-1500.
- Where can I find the daycamp information forms?
- The daycamp registration forms can be accessed through a link found on the HELPDESK. Click on the link and find the forms applicable to your child. Every child must have a completed Child Information Form and medical and Epi-pen forms (if applicable) before attending the program. Once completed, please scan and email back to email@example.com. or fax to 519-759-5975 or drop off at the facility prior to the program start date.
- Why is my credit card not working?
- At this point, RecConnect can accept Mastercard and Visa payments only. You have the option of using a prepaid card (a preloaded card purchased from a retail outlet). For more information about preloaded cards, please visit: What if I don’t have, or don’t want to use a credit card online?
Please ensure that your card has been activated and there is a balance available. **PLEASE NOTE: at this point, RecConnect cannot accept Mastercard/Visa debit cards that are linked to a bank account** Using a debit card will result in a timed out session.
If you have never used your credit card online, please follow these directions: What if I have a credit card that I have never used online and it won’t let me register?
- Can I book facilities/ice online?
- At this point, you are able to view the availability of a limited number of facilities within the City of Brantford. You are not able to book facilities online. To book a facility, pleae call 519-756-1500 and we will be happy to help you.
- I can see the facility I am interested in is available. Am I guaranteed this time slot?
- To secure a booking time, please contact our office at 519-756-1500. As availability changes rapidly, we cannot guarantee there has not been any changes to facility availability.
- What are the rates for your facilities?
- Rates and Fees are dependant on the facility as well as the type of event you are hosting. For more information, please visit our Facilities page: http://www.brantford.ca/residents/leisurerecreation/communityfacilities/Pages/default.aspx or contact our customer service office at 519-756-1500.
- How do I search for available facilities?
- 1. Click on RecConnect link on the right side of the City website, a new window will open.
2. Select "Facilities" from the top menu bar
3. Select Facility Availability
4. Select dates and function
5. Select complex, or leave open to ALL for more choices
6. Click on Search