What's a Youth Council?
A Youth Council is a group of youth leaders coming from diverse backgrounds. Youth Council members work closely with Brantford's Youth Coordinator to ensure that youth issues are part of the City's agenda, identify priorities for youth and plan events for youth in Brantford.
What do we do?
- meet over dinner a couple times a month
- plan special events for youth
- plan National Youth Week (National Youth Week happens in communities all across Canada)
- represent Brantford Youth
What’s in it for a Youth Council Member?
- community service hours (for high school graduation)
- a voice
- a chance to plan and implement programs and events for area youth
- meet new people