Scare In The Square
Save the Date! Friday, October 6 & Saturday, October 7, 2017
Click to view large event poster (PDF Format), or see below for complete details.
Join us for 2 days of fun! Full schedule and exciting new details to be published Fall 2017!
Friday & Saturday
- Ghost Hunting
- Haunted House
- Photo Booth
- Costume Contest
- Dog Costume Contest
- Live Music
- Crafts for Kids
- Zombie Walk
- Stay tuned for details!
Pumpkin & Scarecrow Competitions
To register a Scarecrow or Pumpkin, please email email@example.com
SCARECROW CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS:
Winner will be announced at 5pm on the Bell Stage. A representative is expected to be present at judging. Entries will be voted on by the public. All votes will be tallied Friday and Saturday and announced at 5pm.
Location: Harmony Square, Downtown Brantford
- 1 Scarecrow BASE per participant will be provided
- All entries must be delivered to Harmony Square on Friday October 6th
- Entrants are responsible for bringing and installing their fully assembled scarecrows
- All entries will receive a 4’X4’ display area
- Scarecrows must NOT exceed 8’ in height
- Only 1 scarecrow per display area
- BIA members MAY have multiple entries – however only 1 base will be provided
- Brantford Parks & Recreation and the Downtown Brantford BIA are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged scarecrows
- Entries MUST be removed by 5pm on October 7th, 2016. Bases are the Property of Brantford Parks & Recreation and must be left at Harmony Square. Any entries left after the removal date will be disposed of.
- Scarecrows MAY promote your business in a creative fashion
- Each scarecrow must be free standing on base provided.
- Scarecrows can NOT be driven into the ground
- Scarecrows can NOT lean up against trees
- No tiki torches, gas-powered generators or any other flammable objects allowed as props
- No sharp objects allowed as props ex. Pitch forks
- Human scarecrows NOT allowed
- Store bought masks NOT allowed
- All scarecrows will be provided a name plate by Parks & Recreation and turned over at the base
- Scarecrows must be constructed to withstand weather such as wind & rain and be in good taste. Brantford Parks & Recreation reserves the right to remove any entrant deemed inappropriate
- No religious or political statements
Winning Scarecrow entry will receive a circulating PLAQUE to display at their workplace!!
PUMPKIN RULES & REGULATIONS
Pumpkins can be decorated in any manner you choose: Carved, painted, dressed up, or anything else you can come up with! Participants must provide their own pumpkin. The contest is open to individuals, organizations, clubs and businesses.
- Location: Harmony Square, Downtown Brantford
- Participants will be provided a large sign with the entry name clearly marked (for judging purposes).
- All entries must be delivered to Harmony Square on Friday October 6th between 10am-3pm
- Entries MUST be removed by 5pm on October 7th, 2016. Any entries left after the removal date will be disposed of.
Thanks to all our Sponsors
- Downtown Brantford BIA
- The Fright Club
- Brantwood Farms
- Brantford Toyota
- West Brant Window World
- Brant News
- ICHTHYS Theatre
- Express Employment Professionals
- J.P Graci and Associates
- Advanced Machine Tool Services Inc.
- Laurier Student Union
- The Brantford Paranormal Society
- Halloween Alley
- Michael's - The Arts and Crafts Store
- Your Neighborhood Credit Union
- Our Place Eatery