Fordview Park 

Fordview ParkFordview Park is formerly part of the riverbed, located on the West side of the river, south of the Lorne Bridge.  In the early 1900's, this area was created largely by fill and graded for use as City parkland and known as South Oxford Street Park.  In 1943, the park was used for years by Public Works and also housed a dog compound.  Today, Fordview Park is a display of annual plantings and shrub beds as well as a transition point of the trail system.  It is also an important waterfront park, providing a lookout platform on an old bridge abutment overlooking the Grand River and the new waterfront park Brant's Crossing located on the East bank.

click to go back to park locations