City of Brantford Trails
The City offers nearly 70 kilometers of recreational trails that are perfect for running, cycling or hiking. With constant upgrades and additions, there's always somewhere new to explore along the way.
Trail Updates & Closures:
DRUMMOND STREET BRIDGE
The pedestrian bridge spanning the canal at Drummond Street to Greenwich Street is closed indefinitely due to deterioration. For map please click on Drummond Street Bridge Closure map pdf format.
PLEASE SHARE THE PATH! TRAILS ARE FOR EVERYONE TO ENJOY
- Keep to the right - that means everyone, not just cyclists.
- Call out or sound your bell before passing others.
- Please leash and pick up after your pet.
- Help keep our pathways clean - use the trash cans provided at most access points.
- Stay on the trail. Travelling "off route" can destroy plants and wildlife.
- Respect all signs and laws. Watch for vehicles at road crossings, and always be prepared to stop!
- Use lights when riding at night and wear bright clothing.
- Think safety, and cyclists - please wear a helmet! If you are under 18, it's the law - for everyone else, it's good common sense.
Attention - Vehicles and equipment are not permitted on trails
Under Bylaw 102 - 2004 the operation of motorized vehicles and equipment on trails and in city parks is not allowed.
- this includes ATV's, motorcycles, motorized trail bikes, snowmobiles, motorized scooters, e-bikes, etc.
- motorized wheelchairs and scooters used by persons with disabilities are allowed on city trails.
- pedestrians and cyclists use our trails and children play in our parks, please help to keep them safe.
Thank you for your attention and cooperation regarding this matter.
- Trail conditions can vary and may change quickly. Some sections may become damaged, flooded or impassable during bad weather. Stay alert!
- While most pathways are suitable for motorized wheelchairs and strollers, some sections are steep and challenging. Check the map for locations or call (519) 756-1500 for more information.
- Washrooms may be accessed at various facilities along the trail. Check the map for specific locations.
- Camping, hunting, open fires, and motorized vehicles are prohibited. Trails are not maintained in the winter.
- Trail use is at the users' risk.
The documents below require the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click to download the Acrobat Reader plugin to your browser.
Clicking on any of the documents below will open a new browser window.