Windrow Removal Program
City Council has approved a Snow Windrow Removal Program for Seniors or those Physically challenged effective January 2009. This program will be offered at no charge to those that qualify. Operational Services will be responsible for administering and co-ordinating the Snow Windrow Removal Program. Those qualified individuals interested in receiving this service will be required to register at Operational Services, 10 Earl Ave between Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. If your disability or circumstance does not allow you to register for the Snow Windrow Removal Program please call Operational Services and arrangements will be made to register you.
Snow Windrow is the portion of snow at the end of the driveway created after the road plow has plowed the municipal road.
All individuals of the residence must be 65 years of age and older, or physically challenged in order to qualify for this program. You must provide proof of age and residence (birth certificate, senior citizen card, drivers licence, passport) etc. If physically challenged, you will be required to provide a current and valid doctor’s certificate confirming your physical challenge.
- The City reserves the right to decide when Snow Windrow service will take place.
- Contractors will be dispatched to clear Windrows (one car width only) of snow after roads have
- Windrows will be cleared within 20 hours following the plowing of the road.
- Any obstruction at the end of your driveway must be removed.
- The City is not responsible for any damage.
- Please keep your house number visible and illuminated.
- Please notify the City if you move from the address on file or if at any time a person(s) move
into the home on a permanent and/or temporary basis.
- Failure to comply with the conditions to qualify for this service and/or misrepresentation of any
information may result in termination of the service.
- Must reside at residence throughout the winter months.
- You must re-confirm your eligibility by Oct. 1 of each year
For more information or to view the application, please click the below PDF document. If you have any questions or require any additional information with respect to this service, please contact Operational Services at 519-752-4832.
How Can We Help You?
Submit a service or information request online.
The documents below require the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click to download the Acrobat Reader plugin to your browser.
Clicking on any of the documents below will open a new browser window.