Update to the Brantford Transit Stroller or Bundle Buggie policy
- Previous practice dictated that passengers traveling with strollers and/or bundle buggies had to fold them up before boarding a bus. This policy has been revised, and single strollers, double length strollers and shopping carts are allowed on the bus without having to be folded. If a passenger boards the bus with an unfolded single stroller, double length stroller or bundle buggy, it is the responsibility of that passenger to ensure that strollers and/or bundle buggies do not interfere with the safety or comfort of other passengers.
- Oversized strollers, which include jogging strollers and double width strollers, will only be allowed on the buses if folded.
- It is the responsibility of the passenger to ensure that their stroller and/or bundle buggy does not interfere with the safety or comfort of other passengers. They must also ensure they are in care and control of their stroller and/or bundle buggy at all times. If a stroller is too large to fit safely out of the aisle way, or if a passenger has too many items hanging from the stroller, they will not be allowed to board the bus. Finally, passengers traveling with a stroller and/or bundle buggy must be able to board and disembark without assistance from the bus operator.
- A passenger riding with an unfolded stroller must remain holding the stroller with the stroller brakes on.
- Passengers traveling with a stroller and/or bundle buggy may utilize the space designated for wheelchairs or scooters. However, should a passenger with a disability board the bus, they will be given priority for this space. When the seats are occupied or requested by seniors or persons with disabilities, persons traveling with a stroller or bundle buggy will be required to move to another location on board the bus. When asked to move to another location, they may also be requested to fold up their stroller or bundle buggy to ensure that they keep the aisle clear. If the passenger has not yet boarded the bus and the accessible seating is occupied, the passenger traveling with the stroller or bundle buggy may be requested to wait for the next available bus. The bus operator has complete discretion, if they feel that the stroller and/or bundle buggy is compromising safety of passengers, to request the passenger move the stroller and/or bundle buggy to a safe location
"Passengers will assume full responsibility for the safety of their child who is seated in an unfolded stroller."