Sample Questions-Reference Check
Centre or Home Child Care Sample questions for a reference check.
Name of caregiver/centre, name reference, phone number, relationship (if any) to caregiver.
- When did you use this caregiver or centre?
- For how long?
- How old was your child?
- Why did you end the child care arrangements?
- Does the caregiver appear to enjoy the company of children? Explain.
- How does the caregiver show affection toward children? Give an example.
- How does the caregiver discipline children? Have you ever heard her yell at them? Give examples.
- Is the caregiver always aware of where children are and what they are doing?
- Does the caregiver create an environment that is stimulating to children?
- Does the caregiver communicate regularly with parents? How does she do this?
- Would you recommend her to a friend? Why or why not?
- Is there anything else you think that I should know?
Be sure to ask any other question to determine personal suitability.