Wage Enhancement Grant
Overview of the Wage Enhancement Grant (WEG)/Home Child Care Enhancement Grant (HCCEG) Initiative
The wage enhancement grant will support an increase of up to $2 per hour, plus 17.5 percent benefits. The Home Child Care Enhancement Grant (HCCEG) will support an increase of up to $20 per day for home child care providers. In addition to this, the ministry will provide an additional supplemental grant of $150 for each eligible centre based FTE or home visitor FTE and $50 for each eligible home child care provider.
The goals of the enhancement are to:
- close the wage gap between RECE wages in the school board and licensed child care sectors;
- stabilize licensed child care operators by helping them retain RECEs/child care staff; and,
- support greater employment and income security.
These goals support the ministry’s priorities to:
- stabilize and transform the existing child care system to increase program reliability for parents and support consistent, higher quality child care services to support children’s learning and development; and,
- support licensed home child care agencies and strengthen the licensed home child care system.
- Office Address: 220 Clarence Street, Brantford, Ontario, N3R 3T5
- Telephone: 519-756-3150
- Fax: 519-756-2932
- Email: ChildCareServices@brantford.ca
- Hours: Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (closed on holidays)
Please contact our office if you require WEG information in French.