Ontario Renovates Program for residents in the City of Brantford/Brant County area
WHAT IS THE ONTARIO RENOVATES PROGRAM?
NEW APPLICATIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED!
The Ontario Renovates program is made possible through the Investment in Affordable Housing (IAH) program, which is funded by the federal and provincial governments.
The Ontario Renovates Program offers financial assistance to low to moderate income families to:
- Repair their home to bring to acceptable standards
- Increase accessibility of their unit through modifications and/or adaptation
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
You may be eligible for the Ontario Renovates Program if:
- Your total household income is at or below the following thresholds for the Brant - Brantford area:
- One bedroom (single or couple) - $33,5000
- Two bedroom (single or couple with one child) - $41,000
- Three bedroom (single or couple with two children)- $50,500
- Four bedroom (single or couple with three or more children) - $61,500
- You own a home that is your sole and principle residence with an asessed value of $185,000 or less
- Household assets must be below $30,000 (which includes investments, stocks, bonds, shares, securities, RRSPs, GICs, Credit Union accounts, annuities, etc.)
- Your house needs repairs or modifications in one of the following areas: structural, heating, electrical, fire safety, plumbing or accessibility.
- Property taxes and mortgage payments are up to date
- Insurance coverage is in place for the full market value of the home
HOW MUCH FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE MAY YOU RECEIVE?
Households are allowed one application under the Ontario Renovates Program. Funding is provided as a fully forgivable loan, which is written off at an equal rate over a 10 year period. The loan is not repaid if the homeowners remain as owners and live in the home during the 10 year forgivable period.
WHAT REPAIRS CAN BE DONE?
To qualify, existing homes must need repairs to bring them up to a minimum level of health and safety, and/or permanent modifications to increase accessibility for the occupant's disability. All repair work must include energy-saving products where possible.
Examples of eligible repairs include:
- Structural (including building exterior such as roofs, foundations or walls)
- Plumbing, fire safety, electrical and/or heating
Examples of eligible accessibility work include:
- Ramps, Handrails, Chair and bath lifts, and
- Height adjustments to countertops.
To apply for the Ontario Renovates Program in the City of Brantford/County of Brant area, click here to download the Application package and return to 220 Colborne Street. If you are applying for accessibility modifications, click here to download the Medical Form that must be filled out as well.
Click here to download the Ontario Renovates FACT SHEET.
For more information, contact: Jeff Lowe at 519-759-3330, ext 6240 or e-mail at email@example.com.
Energy Costs High?
The SaveONenergy Home Assistance Program may be able to help. Visit saveonenergy.brantfordpower.com or call 1-855-591-0877 for more information.
The documents below require the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click to download the Acrobat Reader plugin to your browser.
Clicking on any of the documents below will open a new browser window.