Ontario Renovates Program (Homeowners Repair Program) for residents in the City of Brantford/Brant County area
WHAT IS THE ONTARIO RENOVATES PROGRAM?
The Ontario Renovates program is made possible through the Investment in Affordable Housing (IAH) program, which is funded by the federal and provincial governments.
The Ontario Renovates Program offers financial assistance to low to moderate income families to:
- Repair their home to bring to acceptable standards while improving the energy-efficiency of the unit
- Increase accessibility of their unit through modifications and adaptation
- Create a new affordable rental unit in an existing single family home
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
You may be eligible for the Ontario Renovates Program if:
- Your total household income is at or below the following thresholds* for the Brantford area:
- One bedroom - $28,500
- Two bedroom - $33,500
- Three bedroom - $42,000
- Four bedroom - $51,500
- You own a home that is your sole and principle residence with a market value of $175,000 or below
- Your house needs repairs or modifications in one of the following areas: structural, heating, electrical, fire safety, plumbing or accessibility.
- * a maximum of two and a minimum of one person per bedroom, based on the following:
- Parents are eligible for a bedroom separate from their children;
- Household members aged 18 or more are eligible for a separate bedroom unless married or otherwise common-law;
- Dependents aged 5 or more of the opposite sex do not share a bedroom.
HOW MUCH FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE MAY YOU RECEIVE?
- Funding is provided in the form of a forgivable loan to a maximum of $25,000.
- Funding for accessibility repairs, up to a maximum of $3,500 is in the form of a grant.
- The actual amount of assistance you will receive is based on the cost of repairs.
WHAT REPAIRS CAN BE DONE?
Eligible repairs for Ontario Renovates may include major repairs and rehabilitation required to make a house safe while improving energy efficiency.
Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Heating systems
- Doors and windows
- Foundations, roofs, walls, floors and ceilings
- Electrical systems
- Roof replacement
- Toilet replacement with low-flush to dual-flush toilet
Modifications to increase accessibility, related to housing and reasonably related to the occupant’s disability include, but are not limited to:
- Chair and bath lifts, and
- Height adjustments to countertops.
Creation of self-contained secondary suites for affordable rental purposes and garden suites for seniors and/or persons with disabilities.
To apply for the Ontario Renovates Program in the City of Brantford/County of Brant area, download the Application form located at the bottom of this page and return to 220 Colborne Street. For more information, contact:
Tom Hodgson at 519-759-3330, ext. 6307 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anne DeRosse at 519-759-3330,ext. 6277 email: email@example.com
Energy Costs High?
The SaveONenergy Home Assistance Program may be able to help. Visit saveonenergy.brantfordpower.com or call 1-855-591-0877 for more information.
The documents below require the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click to download the Acrobat Reader plugin to your browser.
Clicking on any of the documents below will open a new browser window.