Social Housing Renovation and Retrofit Program (SHRRP)
As announced in the recent Ontario Budget, the Ontario and federal governments will jointly invest over $1.2 billion in social and affordable housing. Of this amount, $702 million will be invested for social housing renovation and retrofit projects. This funding will help stimulate the economy and assist communities.
The City of Brantford, as Service Manager for the city of Brantford and County of Brant, have identified construction ready, social housing renovation and retrofit projects that will proceed in 2009 and 2010.
The Social Housing Renovation and Retrofit Program (SHRRP) will:
- Improve the health and safety of residents living in social housing communities
- Increase energy efficiency of building
- Provide enhanced accessibility for seniors and persons with disabilities
- Contribute to the reduction of social housing project operating costs
- Assist in the reduction of waiting lists for social housing, including restoration of vacant or abandoned units.
For more information on this program, please contact:
Social Housing Manager
519-759-3330, Ext. 6307