Call It In: Bulky Item Pick Up
Need a bulk pick-up? Now 2 ways to schedule...
call the City's Contractor directly, 519-759-0070
Residents can have their bulky items collected at curbside twice a year, once between the months of January to June and once between the months of July to December. Your items will be picked up on your regular collection day. Residents are required to call or go online and give 7 calendar days notice to receive this service.
* If you have items that are reusable, instead of throwing them out,
consider donating them to a local charity. If you are unable to deliver
them, most charities offer pick up services.
There are now 2 ways to schedule your Bulky Item Pick Up
- Online at myBrantford.ca click to open Bulky Item Pickup
YOU MUST BE REGISTERED to schedule a pick up
- Calling the City’s Contractor, Progressive Waste, directly at 519-759-0070
Please do not call City Hall to receive this service.
1. Online Instructions:
On the myBrantford.ca site you will need to “Sign In” to your account.
If you do not have an account, just “Create a New Account” it only takes a minute.
Once you have an account and are signed in:
- Go to “How Can We Help You?” on the task bar and click on the “mybulkpickup” tab.
- Answer the first two questions, and click on "Proceed"
- Type in your phone number and click “Next”
- Click on your preferred date of pick up, then “Next”
- Type in your address and what additional items are to be set out for pick up, if any.
- Check the box once you have read the collection info, then “Confirm” your appointment.
- Check all of the information for the appointment and if correct click “Done”.
An Environmental Services Staff member will check the submitted information. Once completed a reply to your request will be emailed to you (usually within 24 hours).
Residents must have bulky materials out by 7:00 am on the morning of their regularly scheduled garbage day. Materials may be set out the day before but not until after 7:00 pm.
This program is available to multi-family complexes; however individual units will not receive individual collections. Residents will be required to coordinate with their property management or condominium committee to set a date and location for collections.
- Household hazardous wastes, tires, concrete & construction materials will NOT be accepted.
- This service is not available to business locations which receive regular curbside garbage collection service from the City’s collection contractor.
- Residents must call the City’s contractor and schedule their bulky collection. Residents who do not call will not receive bulky pick-up service.
- Residents are not permitted to consecutively schedule pick-ups during the months of June and July. A minimum of 8 weeks is required between pick-up requests
Please note materials not prepared in the appropriate manner will NOT be collected.
- All small or loose materials must be securely bagged or bundled/tied appropriately to facilitate efficient collection.
- Refrigeration appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, etc. must be tagged by a licensed refrigerant handler indicating that it no longer contains any refrigerant materials (i.e. CFC's). Companies providing this service can be found in the yellow pages under refrigeration servicing. Items not tagged will NOT be collected.
- Appliances must have the doors removed or securely fixed to avoid danger to small children. Appliances must be free of all garbage.
- Metal swing sets, slides, etc., to be discarded must be broken down. All metal pipes must be cut into lengths of no greater than 1.2m (4 feet).
- Metal fencing materials must be bundled with a maximum length of 1.5m (5 feet), and a maximum diameter of 0.9m (3 feet). All metal posts must be cut into lengths of no greater than 1.2m (4 feet).
- All wooden fence posts must be removed. All wood materials must be securely bundled and tied and able to be easily handled. Loose wood material will NOT be collected. Bundles should not exceed 1.2m (4 feet) in length and have a maximum diameter of less than 0.9m (3 feet).
- Tree limbs less than 100mm (4 inches) in diameter must be cut into lengths of no more than 1.2m (4 feet) and securely bundled/tied as noted above. Loose branches will NOT be collected.
**Please Note: For the safety of everyone, please remove or bend over all nails/screws.
- Scrap wood, wood fencing, wooden skids, picnic tables etc., must be broken down into lengths of no more than 1.2m (4 feet) and securely bundled/tied as noted above.
- Broken glass/window panes should be covered by cardboard or boxed. Please mark as “Broken Glass” to ensure safe handling.
- To facilitate efficient collection please keep all waste material, yard waste, metal and blue box items separate.
- Carpet and pool covers/liners rolled and tied with a maximum length of 1.2m (4 feet) and maximum diameter of 0.6m (2 feet)
Materials which will NOT be Collected
The following items will not be collected under the City's Call It In: Bulky Item Pick Up Program and must be disposed of at the Mohawk Street Landfill Site or a local recycler:
- Tires on or off rim. Tires may be disposed of at the Mohawk Street Landfill Site ($5.00 on the rim, FREE off the rim).
- Construction waste such as concrete, asphalt, bricks, drywall, railway ties and other building materials.
- Tree limbs greater than 100mm (4 inches) and tree stumps.
- Motor vehicles and motor vehicle parts, including batteries. Batteries can be taken to the Landfill Site on Household Hazardous Waste Days.
Click for a listing of event days (See http//www.brantford.ca/residents/waste/pages/householdhazardous.aspx for a listing of event days.)
- Water boilers, furnaces, hot tubs etc.
- Liquid goods or hazardous materials such as paint, oil solvents, chemicals, cleaning fluids, pesticides, fertilizers and propane tanks. All Household Hazardous Waste items can be taken to the Household Hazardous Waste Day Events at the Mohawk Street Landfill Site.
Click for a listing of event days
(See http//www.brantford.ca/residents/waste/pages/householdhazardous.aspx for a listing of event days.)
- Electronic equipment can be taken to the Mohawk Street Landfill site free of charge. (Computers, monitors, televisions, printers, VCR/DVD players, etc.)