Salvation Army Housing Resource Centre

The Salvation Army Housing Resource Centre (HRC) is a free community service that helps housed and homeless individuals in Brantford-Brant to ensure that those at risk of homelessness maintain their housing and those experiencing homelessness have access to emergency shelter and support to find permanent housing.

Citizens who require services provided through the HRC can call 226-227-7692 or visit the HRC website

Housing Stability Fund

The Housing Stability Fund helps prevent individuals and families from becoming homeless. The program can help you obtain and maintain stable housing. Funding is available to residents in Brantford and Brant County.

The Housing Stability Fund may be able to help you with:

  • utility arrears
  • utility deposits
  • housing-related arrears
  • last month's rent

Funds are provided on a case-by-case basis. Funds are based on family size and income. You are eligible every two years as long as you continue to meet eligibility. 

Get Personal Identification (ID)
The Identification Clinic provides financial supports if you need help obtaining a birth certificate, health card and other forms of ID. HRC staff will help you complete the applications and may help with the cost of renewal or application fees. 
Tenants and landlords

HRC staff can help you find affordable housing matches based on your situation. Staff can provide listings and help connect you with landlords and resolve issues that may put a tenancy at risk.

Tenants facing eviction

If you face eviction, the HRC will provide the following services:

  • Attend eviction proceedings with support agencies for at-risk tenants
  • connect with property managers to make arrangements for vacating a unit
  • work with you to identify alternative housing options
Trustee Program

The trustee program is optional and you must agree to participate. HRC staff can help you manage your finances so you can keep your housing. 

While participating in the Trustee program, housing staff will:

  • make sure you pay your rent and utilities each month
  • connect you with budget counseling and other services so you can learn to manage housing costs on your own