Low-Income Tax Clinics

The City of Brantford recognizes that some residents have had issues filing their 2020 taxes due to COVID-19. If you belong to a low-income household in need of tax filing services, volunteers at the following agencies are available to support you.

Please contact the organizations below for further information and details on what documents you will need to present. Volunteers are able to assist on a case by case basis, with drop-off and pick-up options available. There will be no in-person workshops scheduled for 2021 due to COVID-19 restrictions.

Eligibility may vary. To qualify for these services, the maximum household income of each client will be reviewed.   

Low-income Tax Clinic Organizations

Senior's Resource Centre

783 Colborne St. Unit 1, Brantford ON, N3S 3S3

Phone: 519-309-0032

Clinics formally begin on February 24, 2021. Before coming to the Centre, individuals should phone to ensure that someone is available to take an appointment. 

Eligibility: An income of below $35,000 per year for an individual, or below $45,000 per year for a couple

Salvation Army Paris - Brant County Residents Only

25B Dundas St. W., Unit B, Paris ON, N3L 1E9

Phone: 519-442-3432

Please call to arrange curb-side service

Eligibility: An income of below $40,000 per year for an individual.

Brantford Food Bank

1100 Clarence Street S., Suite 102, Brantford, ON

Phone: 519-751-4357 x 0 

Tax Clinics will be offered by Appointment Only. Please call prior to April 22, 2021 to book an appointment.

Eligibility Requirements

Total income per Household Unit for taxpayers with:

  • 1 person = $35,000
  • 2 persons = $45,000
  • 3 persons = $47,500
  • 4 persons = $50,000
  • 5 persons = $52,500
  • 5+ persons = $52,500 plus $2,500 for each additional person

Documents or items you may need for your appointment include:

  • Government-issued photo I.D.
  • All income slips for 2020
  • Rent/property tax paid for 2020 (including address, postal code, and name of Landlord if rent was paid)
  • T4, T4A, T5 & T5007 slips
  • T220a Slip for Education
  • Universal Child Care Statement
  • RRSP Contribution
  • Receipts for medical, dental and/or child care. 

Documents may be applicable to individuals on a case-by-case basis. Further documents or items may be required. Clients must be able to provide contact information to arrange pick-up for completed documents.